Hydrogen: UPME will receive comments on the proposed List of Goods and Services subject to Green and Blue Hydrogen Projects’ tax incentives
Anyone interested in making observations or comments shall submit it to the UPME no later than February 13th. Goods and services definitely included in the List will be subject to the tax incentives introduced by Law 1715.
Colombia’s Mining and Energy Planning Unit (UPME in Spanish) released, on February 3rd, an Initial Proposal concerning the List of Goods for Hydrogen (Green and Blue) Production, Storage, Distribution and Re-electrification. The Proposal is presented within the regulatory framework the UPME has been developing prior to the National Government’s forthcoming specific regulation on Law 2099 of 2021.
The Proposal was prepared based on the preliminary technical report issued by CSIRO Chile, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization’s subsidiary, and considering the applicable technical criteria and international standards. It includes 61 elements (goods/machinery) and 5 services-groups, with its corresponding scope and restrictions.
According to UPME’s External Circular No. 000010 de 2022, anyone is able to raise comments or remarks respecting the Proposal’s content. For that purpose, those interested shall submit their written comments and remarks, no later than February 13th, in a pre-established template, which will contain:
- The proposed comment(s) or remark(s) put into consideration, indicating the specific good or service (already included or suggested) it is related to.
- The technical and legal arguments the proposed comments or remarks are based on.
- Individual’s identification and contact information.
The UPME has established it will receive the comments and remarks via e-mail, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goods and services that are definitely included in the List will be subject to the tax incentives introduced by Law 1715 of 2014:
- Investments are deductible (annually) from Income.
- Excluded from paying the Value-Added Tax (VAT) (currently at a 19% rate).
- Excluded from customs duties.
- Subject to the Depreciation Regimen incentive (certified equipment and machinery).
- External Circular: click here
- Proposed List of Good and Services: click here
- CSIRO Chile’s Inform: click here
- Established template to submit comments and remarks: click here
To obtain further information, do not hesitate to contact:
Álvaro José Rodríguez